The Cultural Competency Training will include 3 virtual sessions 2 - 5 p.m.
This 3 day training is designed to create a shared understanding around cultural competency in healthcare. Training will cover 13 topics that allow participants to examine their own understanding about how people should be treated in the healthcare environment. 13 Topics range from discrimination and social identity to implicit bias and microaggressions. The goal of the training is to allow participants to reflect on how their social identity impacts the ways they move through their world as they interact with others.
Participants must attend all 3 days to receive a completion certificate. Recordings will not be available.
- Develop a foundational understanding of bias in healthcare
- Develop a basic understanding of social identity
- Use a critical eye to focus on health inequities
- Recognize the importance of social determinants of health
- Develop an action plan about how to adapt any environment into a welcoming and safe place
Possible contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
9 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ - maximum
9 CNE contact hours
University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) Campus
December 6-8, 2021
Reno, Nevada 89557, United States