PROBE (Problem-Based Ethics) Ethics & Boundaries Virtual Course will offer 2.5 day (16-hour) non-adversarial intervention program for healthcare professionals and trainees whose licenses or careers may be jeopardized by unprofessional or unethical conduct.
Besides didactic sessions, there will be small group sessions - team-taught, multidisciplinary, and tailored to each participant’s particular breach, with the aim of achieving remediation and a re-commitment to professional ethics.
Variety of ethics violations or unprofessional conduct to be addressed:
- Boundary violations in the practice of health care including, but not limited to, sexual
misconduct, drug diversion, dual relationships, and prescription of controlled substances to
- Privacy and respect violations
- Misrepresentation, falsification of credentials, or failure to disclose
- Financial or billing irregularities
- Disruptive behavior and communication issues
- Failure to adequately inform patients in obtaining consent
- Misuse of social media or electronic medical records
- Failure in supervisory roles
25.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ - maximum
July 29-31, 2021