The purpose of the lectures is to provide up to date and evidenced-based information regarding the diagnosis, management and prevention of various infectious diseases that are clinically relevant to the practicing physician. The participants will have a better understanding of appropriate preventative vaccines and diagnostic methods, awareness of newer antimicrobial agents, and better appreciation of therapeutic principles to provide better care for patients with infections.
- Vaccines Update: Childhood and Adult Vaccines (vaccine hesitancy, anti-vaxers, and strategies to address them)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship: Benefits, Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Use
- New Developments in Management of Respiratory Infections (RTIs)
- Update on UTIs, Asymptomatic Bacteriuria
- Emerging Infections: Focus on COVID-19 (know how to manage a patient with COVID-19; criteria for pandemic)
- Infectious Disease Pearls and Case Discussions