The Phoenix Veterans Healthcare System is seeking full-time outpatient primary care physicians to support our nations heroes in various Phoenix metro area locations. The Primary Care Provider serves as a practicing physician who is responsible for the overall management of patients enrolled for healthcare services provided by the Phoenix VA Health Care System (PHVAHCS). Responsible for administrative tasks associated with clinic operations.
The physicians will work in a team setting with other physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, and support staff assigned to perform duties to accomplish the treatment of our patients.
Average panel size is 1200/1300
Salary will be determined by a compensation panel of your peers.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be B/E or B/C
- Womens Health experience preferred, but not required
- Computer skills are essential
- Must have full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in ANY U.S. State
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation - unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years service
Community, Facility and Organization
Basking in sunshine 300 days a year in the aptly named Valley of the Sun, The Phoenix VA Health Care System is located near downtown Phoenix, Arizona. Although renowned for its warm, dry climate, Arizonas capitol offers much more than great weather. The Phoenix metro area, now Americas 5th largest city, offers affordable housing and a relaxed, informal southwestern lifestyle.
Diversity abounds. Greater Phoenix has an abundance of golf courses, parks, public swimming pools and bike paths. For the sports fans Phoenix is home to the NBAs Phoenix Suns, NFL's Arizona Cardinals; major league baseballs Arizona Diamondbacks and the NHLs Phoenix Coyotes. Across the state, more than 11 million acres of national forest lands provide a varied playground for those who enjoy skiing, horseback riding, hunting, fishing, boating, hiking or camping.for the more adventurous, there's white water rafting on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon! For city dwellers, the valley boasts exceptional shopping and retail establishments, restaurants and night life. The valley is also rapidly gaining prominence as a Mecca for the arts. Phoenix possesses world class museums, a ballet, symphony orchestra and several theater companies.
The Phoenix VA Health Care System proudly serves Veterans in central Arizona at its main medical center and outpatient VA Health Care Clinics.
The Phoenix VA Health Care System is joining a growing number of VA health care facilities in adopting a new method of health care delivery called Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs. This system is even more patient-centered and focuses heavily on quick and easy communication between patients and their health care providers.