Aiken Regional Medical Centers in Aiken, South Carolina is recruiting a Residency Program Director for our new community-based Internal Medicine GME program starting up in 2023 . ARMC has been providing high quality medical care since 1917 to the 160,000+ residents of Aiken and Aiken County, SC, and to many others in the Central Savannah River Area.
This is an excellent opportunity to help establish a GME program in an attractive location near major Southeast cities, the mountains, and the coast. And to make a difference in the community by training new physicians and partnering in our mission of delivering the highest quality of care and positive outcomes to patients and families. The position will include direct patient care, leadership, teaching, and administrative responsibilities.
See our YouTube video https://youtu.be/Lo5eWdkTlPY on what makes Aiken, SC a wonderful place to call home!
- Position includes Program Director, Teaching, and Clinical responsibilities
- Provide leadership and guidance to new IM residency program
- Responsible for program development, growth, and maintenance of accreditation in adherence to all ACGME requirements
- Oversee the quality of education, curricula, and experiential rotations
- Lead the interview, selection, and evaluation processes of residents
- Provide leadership, mentoring, teaching, and administrative oversight to residents
- Lead and mentor faculty physicians and staff
- Partner closely with medical and hospital staff to ensure effective integration within the organization
- Attractive compensation package with generous base salary and sign-on bonus
- Full benefits package - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, ST & LT Disability, 401(k)
- PTO, CME, Medical malpractice insurance
- Current board certification by the ABIM
- 3+ years recent PD or Associate PD experience
- Demonstrated ability as a leader, educator, and clinician
- Recent and strong history of scholarly activities/research
- Membership or committee work in IM professional associations
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
Aiken Regional Medical Centers is a 273-bed hospital and is the only hospital in the community. The medical staff includes over 200 physicians representing over 40 specialties. The hospital offers the best in maternity and newborn services at its new Women's LifeCare Center, comprehensive orthopedic services at The Joint Academy, and acute behavioral health services at Aurora Pavilion. The Neuroscience Center, Cardiovascular Institute of Carolina, and Cancer Care Institute of Carolina feature expertise and high quality services in stroke, neurological disorders, cardiac care, and cancer care. Aiken Regional Medical Centers annually performs nearly 8,000 surgeries, delivers over 1,100 babies, and treats nearly 55,000 patients in its Emergency Department. ARMC is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services (UHS), one of the largest and most respected healthcare management companies.
Aiken, SC was named the South's Best Small Town in 2018 by Southern Living Magazine. Located centrally between the Carolina coast, the mountains, and major cities in Georgia and the Carolinas, Aiken is a family-oriented community offering an ideal climate and exceptional quality of life. Aiken is horse country, known for its rich tradition as an Equestrian community with year-around events and world-class training facilities. Aiken also enjoys proximity to Augusta, GA and the annual Masters Tournament, with several nearby clubs and golf courses. Outdoor recreation options, oak tree canopy lined streets, museums and historical sites, and a hip downtown with unique restaurants, shops and galleries make Aiken a great place to call home! Discover more at https://www.visitaikensc.com
If you have interest in this opportunity, please contact:
In-house Physician Recruiter