Internal Medicine Physician in Arizona & New Mexico - AZ, USA
This position is located at one of the various Indian Health Service Hospitals or Clinics under the Navajo Area Office. The primary purpose of the position is to provide diagnostic, preventive, and/or therapeutic services to Internal Medicine patients . NOTE: This is an Open Continuous announcement; applicants will be referred when vacancies occur.
- Chinle, AZ
- Inscription House, AZ
- Kayenta, AZ
- Pinon, AZ
- Red Mesa, AZ
- Tsaile, AZ
- Bloomfield, NM
- Crownpoint, NM
- Gallup, NM
- Shiprock, NM
- Tohatchi, NM
- This position will support efforts related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Responsible for the practice of medicine or direct services to patients that involves the performance of diagnostic, preventative, or therapeutic services in hospitals and clinics.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat and prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Order, perform, interpret tests, and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients conditions.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information such as medical history, reports, and examination results. Monitor progress of patients conditions and re-evaluate treatment as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Coordinate work with Nurses, Pharmacists, Social Workers, and other allied health professionals in the provision of a variety of health services.