Physician Advisor Needed on the Sunny East Coast of St. Petersburg, Florida - St. Petersburg, FL, USA
The Orlando Health Medical Group invites you to explore a Physician Advisor opportunity with our medical team at Bayfront Health St. Petersburg . The Physician Advisor will act as a liaison between the medical staff, revenue cycle, physician leadership teams, and hospital administration teams ensuring that the system is optimized for regulatory compliance, medical necessity, and efficient utilization of health care services. The PA conducts clinical reviews on cases in accordance with the hospitals objectives for assuring quality patient care and effective clinical documentation.
- The Physician Advisor acts as consultant to and resource for providers regarding their decisions relative to appropriateness of hospitalization, continued stay, and use of resources.
- The PA meets with care management and health care team members to discuss selected cases and make recommendations for care, interacting with medical staff members and medical directors of third-party payers to discuss the needs of patients and alternative levels of care.
- The PA further acts as a resource for the medical staff regarding federal and state utilization and quality regulations.
- Acts as second-level reviewer through the review of medical records of patients identified by care managers or as requested by the healthcare or administration teams.
- Dynamic administration that fosters physician autonomy when it comes to clinical decision making and patient outcomes.
- a 480-bed tertiary care center equipped to provide comprehensive medical and surgical care. The hospital offers many areas of expertise, including surgery and trauma, neuroscience, cardiology, acute rehabilitation and obstetrics.
- Robust operational support and resources in a collaborative work environment.
- 38-bed neurosciences unit with a dedicated neurology team consisting of board-certified neuroscience specialists and physicians with subspecialty expertise in stroke, epilepsy and Parkinsons disease, and includes a Level IV Epilepsy Center.
- Partnership with Johns Hopkins All Childrens Hospital, Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Baby Place offers full obstetrical services and is a Level III Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center, one of only 12 in Florida.
- Home to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Cardiac Cath Lab, located in the James Heart Center, which offers a full range of cardiovascular care and an on-site inpatient rehabilitation unit, as well as the nearby Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center.
- Excellent compensation package.
- Benefits package includes time away for vacations and conferences, health/vision/dental insurance along with full malpractice coverage, disability coverage, deferred compensation and retirement savings options.
- Must have completed training in an accredited residency.
- Maintains active State of Florida Medical Doctor license.
- Certification as Physician Advisor.
- Minimum of three (3) years recent experience in clinical practice.
- Medical Doctorate degree required.
- Additional education in quality and utilization management through continuing medical education programs and self-study.