General Internal Medicine (Primary Care)
University of Minnesota Physicians
The Division of Internal Medicine at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full-time board certified/eligible Internist at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on an academic or master clinician track (track to be determined by qualification and interest).
About the Appointment:
- Will provide care in the Primary Care Center in the M Health Clinics and Surgery Center as faculty appointments.
- Clinical hours are Monday - Saturday, including some evenings.
- Call is shared between several internal medicine clinics in the Twin Cities (prorated based on cFTE).
- Currently, the role is at the CSC, with potential to expand to other Twin Cities locations.
- PCC faculty are required to complete 1656 patient-facing hours annually (if they were a 1.0 cFTE). This equates to (9 clinics x 4 hours x 46 weeks). Most physicians spend between 30 - 45 minutes per patient.
- Educational responsibilities will include teaching of medical students and residents. In addition, there are opportunities to participate in quality improvement, interdisciplinary collaboration, and other scholarly activities.
About the Division:
- The mission of the Division of General Internal Medicine is to develop and support faculty in the collaborative work of improving health, healthcare and education for our patients and learners here and abroad.
- We currently have 13 physicians and 2 apps (UMP employed) in the Primary Care Clinic. 3 Family Medicine providers also help in Primary Care Clinic when needed. There are other ambulatory physicians in the Division that work at CUHCC.
- The division has a mentoring program for all faculty appointments to support them in their clinical, educational and scholarship pursuits.
- Commitment to clinical/QI/educational scholarship; advancement within the institution will depend on demonstration of clinical and scholarly achievement
- MD Degree.
- Board eligibility or board certification in Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics.
- Demonstrated excellence in patient care.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for medical education and strong teaching skills.
- Must have or be able to attain a medical license in the state of MN.
- Must be able to pass credentialing at all applicable sites.
- Applicants must have the ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
- Advanced training in General Internal Medicine or practice experience is highly desirable.
Apply Now: https://umphysicians.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/umpcareers/job/Minneapolis-MN/Faculty---General-Internal-Medicine--Primary-Care-_R0013475
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.