Fairview Health Services is seeking a Medical Director that will be the accountable clinical leader of M Health Fairview Clinic – Midway and Maplewood locations. The Medical Director, Primary Care Service Line in dyadic partnership with the Primary Care Director leads primary care teams to achieve the organization’s mission and strategic goals.
- Opening: 1.0 FTE (.25 FTE Medical Director/.75 FTE Clinical Practice)
- Oversees approximately 27 physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Implementation and ongoing management of the following:
- Pertinent policies related to primary care, primary care performance targets including operating, financial, productivity; annual quality plan and clinical outcomes metrics; practice standards for primary care; annual customer experience plan for primary care; standards for service delivery and access
- Responsible for ensuring that there is sufficient capacity to serve the needs of the local community. Includes monitoring of current capacity and utilization
- Identify, prioritize, and sponsor opportunities for improvement through lean principles
- Leads or participates in committee work as designated by the Primary Care Executive Team or other leadership.
- Promotes positive, collaborative relationships between the Primary Care Service Line and other M Health Fairview partners
- Responsible for creating an environment for professional development including:
- oversight of onboarding of new team members, training, ongoing coaching and engagement. Ensures high-level performance, achievement of goals and quality results, through people that report to them. Establish standards to ensure high quality staff are hired, retained, and recognized. Evaluates performance while setting up development plans throughout the year.
- In partnership with the dyadic director oversees the development and management of financial budgets for their clinic(s). Along with the director is accountable for closing gaps in outcomes.
- Fosters a culture of teamwork, collaboration, shared accountability, improvement, and success.