M Health Fairview Northland Medical Center Hospitalist Team, which currently consists of three physicians, seeks a Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner to join their Hospitalist team. Hospitalists round on inpatients and patients on Observation status, provide consult services to surgical colleagues in the hospital and take un-assigned patients from the Emergency Room.
Typical day shift workload will include rounding, admits, discharge, and consultation for co-management of surgical patients as requested. Provider is expected to be competent in management of inpatients including adults and co-management of critically ill adults with a Physician. Nights are covered by a Tele-Hospitalist program.
- Current average daily hospitalist census: 13 per day (adults only, no pediatrics)
- Collaborate with local hospitalist Physician (on-site during days/evenings and Tele-Hospitalist service at night), TeleICU Critical Care physicians (located at Fairview Southdale hospital), Surgeons and surgical APPs, and local ER Physician who is present on-site 24 hours/day.
- Modified block schedule with rotating weekends and holidays. Shift hours are 9a-7p
M Health Fairview Northland Medical Center is a 54-bed licensed facility offering a full range of primary and specialty care services to the 100,000+ population of Princeton, Minnesota and surrounding communities.
- Outpatient specialties include: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Podiatry, Sports Medicine, General Surgery, Cardiology, Allergy, ENT, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Neurology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Pulmonology, Urology
- Average number of surgical cases annually: 3,100
- Average number of Emergency Department visits annually: 18,000
- Number of deliveries annually: 530
- We have a fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- As a Pioneer Accountable Care Organization (ACO), our physicians use a multidisciplinary team approach in managing clinical care.
- Excellent supportive team. Community supported hospital, with resources of a large organization.
- Initial market competitive salary with additional earning potential.
- Sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.