St. Luke’s University Health Network is seeking a dynamic Faculty Member for our Internal Medicine and Transitional Year Residency Programs at our flagship University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus. St. Luke’s has been recently ranked as the #1 teaching hospital in the nation , a recipient of the prestigious 15 Top Health System award as well as recognized as a 100 Top Hospital for the ninth time by Watson Health.
The Faculty Member assists in the administration and operations of the program, including activities related to instruction, supervision, advising, evaluation, and advancement of residents. The faculty member participates in scholarly activity, including quality improvement and mentoring of residents in their own academic research.
The Faculty Member will have, on average, 40% dedicated time for administrative, educational, strategic, and research initiatives and provide oversight and development of the Internal Medicine and Transitional Year Residency programs and participate in our academic mission through our Temple/St. Luke’s School of Medicine partnership. An average of 60% dedicated time for professional services including precepting of residents in an outpatient setting and rounding inpatient, if interested. In addition, the Faculty Member will be expected to have a small clinical practice, thus educating and leading by example.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network, you will enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued and supported
- Exceptional compensation package
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, CME allowance
- Board-Certification or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine (ABIM or AOBIM)
- Eligibility for academic appointment
- Demonstrates good clinical judgement, academic interests as well as an aptitude for teaching medical residents and students.
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- In addition, candidates must have:
- Completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited internal medicine residency program.
- PA State medical license (at the time of employment)