Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. The Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center which provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to Hartford Hospital.
Inpatient Endocrinology Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
- Join a strong team-based inpatient hospital service
- Develop expertise and provide the full spectrum of inpatient diabetes management to complex population spanning all hospital service lines.
- Perform comprehensive patient assessments by reviewing past medical records, interviewing patients and/or family members to obtain a complete health history and performing a complete physical assessment of the patient with glycemic dysfunction.
- Collaboration with nursing and primary teams to ensure proper and timely instruction of the patient and/or family regarding the disease process, successful self-management and strong transition of care.
- Communication with interdisciplinary team to perform and coordinate interventions, treatments and tests, to revise the patient plan of care and to assure continuity of care.
- Providing education and mentoring to members of the interdisciplinary team with less expertise and experience in diabetes management to improve overall quality of care for glycemic control and diabetes
Full Time 40 Hours per week with weekend, night, and call coverage
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Tuition reimbursement program
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
- EPIC EMR
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
National Board Certification as an Acute Care Advanced Practice Registered Nurse required
Diabetes / endocrinology experience preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.