Physician-led and mission-driven, primary care organization, is currently one of the most successful full-risk Medicare Advantage providers in the nation and has the vision to be America?s leading primary care provider, transforming the care of the neediest population. Internal Medicine physicians sought to work in their Kansas City, Missouri location. Join our team who make a difference in people?s lives every single day.
- The PCP independently provides care for patients with acute and chronic illnesses encountered in the older adult patient.
- The PCP will take full accountability for patient care and outcomes and will appropriately seek consultation from specialists when needed, though will still stay involved in, and be responsible for, the detailed care of the patient.
- It is expected that the PCP will engage with the hospitalist whenever one of their patients is in the hospital.
- Fluency in English, verbal and written.
- This job requires the use and exercise of independent judgment
- Enjoy great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development, advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow.
Education and Experience Criteria
- MD or DO in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatrics or similar specialty required
- Must be able to obtain a State Medical License or already have a current, active State Medical License for the state(s) in which he/she will be working
- Board certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatrics, or similar specialty is preferred. Board Eligibility is required
- Once Board Certified, PCP will maintain board certification in their specialty by doing necessary MOC, CME, and/or retaking board exams as required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Must have a current DEA number for schedule II-V controlled substances
About Kansas City, Missouri
- Opportunity located in Kansas City
- Kansas City sits on Missouri's western edge, straddling the border with Kansas.
- It's known for its barbecue, jazz heritage, and fountains.
- Downtown, the American Jazz Museum shares a building with the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in the historic 18th & Vine Jazz District.
- The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, with giant shuttlecocks out front, houses nearly 40,000 works of art, from ancient to contemporary collections