NES Health seeks Part-Time and PRN Nocturnists to practice with us at two Veterans’ Affairs facilities in the Hudson Valley area of New York that serve 11,000 Veterans in the VA Hudson Valley Healthcare System. Hospitalist will round on medical and psychiatric floors, provide Urgent Care admissions/consults, and do phone evaluations for the Nursing home. Opportunity for additional Urgent Care coverage.
Castle Point Medical Center
41 Castle Point Rd.
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
Franklin D Roosevelt VA Medical Center
2094 Albany Post Rd.
Montrose, NY 10548
- Both facilities have 26 inpatient beds.
- Castle Point has less than an average of 10 acute inpatients
- FDR has less than an average of 5 acute inpatients.
- The Urgent Care at Castle Point has a total average daily volume of less than 20 patient (when open) and the Urgent Care at FDR has a total average daily volume of less than 5 patients (when open)
- Both facilities have low acuity levels
- No ICU
- Telephone access to sub-specialties
- Single Hospitalist coverage
- CERNER EMR product (what every VA currently uses)
- Monday through Friday: 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- Weekends: 8:00 a.m. Saturday through 8:00 a.m. Monday
- Federal Holidays: 8:00 a.m. on the holiday through 8:00 a.m. the day after the holiday
- Opportunity for additional Urgent Care coverage
- IM or FM trained
- Board Certified or Board Prepared
- Completed US Residency
- Any current state license
- AHA, BLS, ACLS required
- Current DEA
- Ability to work at least 1 year
- Current CV without any gaps of 30 days or more since completion of medical school (written explanations are acceptable).
- One active, unrestricted state medical license with a copy of the license verification
- 3 Current references from physicians that can attest to their clinical skills in the last 12 months
- Any information regarding malpractice cases or disciplinary actions.