Monogram Health is seeking a full-time Internal Medicine or Family Practice Physician in Alabama (Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile) for Telehealth position
Monogram MDs are quality-driven physicians who are dedicated to improving the well-being, quality of life, and health outcomes of our patients. We partner with the nation's leading clinical specialists to create transformative polychronic care. Monogram Health uses next-generation AI algorithms to predict necessary care to promote the delay of complex disease progressions, such as chronic kidney disease and the seamless transitions to dialysis, pre-emptive kidney transplant, and conservative management.
The MD is a key clinical leader within Monogram Health who contributes to the development and oversight of clinical strategies, policies, programs, processes, protocols, guidelines, and operations that drive improved patient health outcomes within their market. The MD oversees the delivery of care management services within their market, ensuring that patient care is high quality, consistent, and compliant by continually reviewing patient care plans and notes and providing guidance to field clinicians when needed. MDs must reside in the state of AL.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for quality outcomes for large panels of health plan members in specified geographic regions
- Utilize IT and data tools to report, monitor, and improve quality and utilization
- Conduct retrospective reviews of hospitalizations and dialysis treatment episodes to ensure Monogram's care management services are effectively rendered
- Oversee the implementation and continual refinement of the clinical strategies, evidence-based clinical care guidelines, and care management programs for effectiveness and efficiency
- Reduce unnecessary episodes of care, including hospital readmissions
- Prepare clinical care reports in a timely fashion
- Apply evidence-based criteria to determine the appropriate/necessary care and lead case rounds with nurse practitioners and care managers
- Analyze data to build member care plans and ensure care goals are achieved
- Identify quality of care issues for health plan clients
- Optimize patient health outcomes and total performance against health plan contracts
- Lead efforts to share and explain all clinical policies, procedures, and guidelines with Monogram employees and our physician partners
- Represent Monogram as a clinical leader to health plans, providers, and other organizations
- Oversee the clinical elements of the day-to-day execution of care management and practice operations within your market
- Achieve clinical metrics and goals for delivering improved health outcomes at a lower total cost of care
- Create a work environment that fosters fulfillment and personal development for employees and encourages empathy and compassion toward patients
- Support Monogram as necessary with any tasks required to deliver excellent personalized clinical care and perform all other duties as assigned
- Uphold the mission and values of Monogram Health in all aspects of your role and activities
- Must live and be licensed in the state of Alabama
- This position will be remote within the designated market with occasional in-home patient treatment visits and occasional domestic travel
- Demonstrated experience applying evidence-based clinical criteria
- Experience in renal care and geriatrics
- Strong management and communication skills
- Active, unrestricted state medical license required in each state within the market
- Experience with high-need Medicare Advantage and managed Medicaid populations
- Experience with NCQA, HEDIS, Medicaid, Medicare, quality improvement, medical utilization management, and risk adjustment
- Current state medical license without restrictions to practice and free of sanctions from Medicaid or Medicare. Willingness to become licensed in multiple states.
- MD (Medical Doctor) or DO degree from an accredited medical school
- BC or BE in Nephrology, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, or Geriatrics.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative value-based provider organization that is transforming the delivery of kidney care
- Competitive salary and opportunity to participate in the companys bonus program
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible paid leave and vacation policy
- 401(k) plan with matching contributions
About Monogram Health
Monogram Health is a next-generation, value-based chronic condition risk provider serving patients living with chronic kidney and end-stage renal disease and their related metabolic disorders. Monogram seeks to fill systemic gaps and transform the way nephrology, primary care, and chronic condition treatment are delivered. Monograms innovative, in-home approach utilizes a national nephrology practice powered by a suite of technology-enabled clinical services, including case and disease management, utilization management and review, and medication therapy management services that improve health outcomes while lowering medical costs across the healthcare continuum. By focusing on increasing access to evidence-based care pathways and addressing social determinants of health, Monogram has emerged as an industry leader in championing greater health equity and improving health outcomes for individuals with chronic kidney and end-stage renal disease.
At Monogram Health we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.