This 2-day HMP Global leading 17-hour course, led by an interdisciplinary panel of 3 nationally recognized instructors and reviewed by the American Board of Wound Management (ABWM) Foundation, is for clinicians interested in preparing for the Certified Wound Care Associates® (CWCA®), Certified Wound Specialists® (CWS®), or Certified Wound Specialist Physician® (CWSP®) board certification exams/re-certification.
- Summarize the etiology of chronic wounds and extrinsic factors that contribute to and affect wound healing outcomes
- Explain the phases of wound healing and the associated microenvironment, cellular components and their functions in wound healing
- Describe specific examination tests, lab tests, and measures related to wound assessment and management and the components of documentation
- Identify methods for recognizing soft tissue and bone infections, bioburden management, and treatment of local and systemic infections
- Identify long-term management options for patients with lymphedema
- Outline specific treatment interventions for chronic wounds including nutritional management, debridement (surgical, chemical, mechanical, biological, autolysis), topical therapies, and biophysical electrotherapeutic interventions (electrical stimulation, high- and low-frequency ultrasound, negative pressure therapy, light therapy, and pulsed lavage with suction)
- Evaluate the use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) in chronic wound care
- Describe psychological influence on wound healing: pain, immobility, cognition, palliative care, family support system, and adherence
On-Demand program: 90-Day Access (with 275-Day Access Extension) and 1-Year Access options.
Possible contact: dgreenblatt@NACCME.com
17 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™; 17 AAPA Category 1 CME credits; 17 CNE contact hours
Venue: Caesars Palace
October 12-13, 2022
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109, United States