Medical Director, Breast Center for
Northeast Academic Medical Center
M3 Executive Search is proud to represent one of the nation and #8217;s top Academic Medical Centers and the #1 community hospital in the state in its national search for an outstanding clinician to serve as Medical Director, Breast Center.
The Breast Center is recognized for excellence by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program of the American College of Surgeons, the Breast Center applies key disciplines such as pathology, nursing, lymphedema management, nutritional services, social work, and genetic counseling.
This key leadership role provides an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, transformational Breast Surgeon to build on the Breast Center and #8217;s already strong regional reputation. The Medical Director will develop and implement growth and new marketing strategies highlighting the strong commitment to excellence already embedded in the Center.
The Breast Center Medical Director will:
- mentor staff and drive superior patient care outcomes through established programs well known in the region
- lead the overall administration and coordination of the professional and clinical activities of the Breast Center; accountable for all clinical and administrative activities within the Center, including standard treatment protocols and clinical practice guidelines
- promote the highest level of patient satisfaction within the Center; charged with growth and development of the Breast Center services and serves as a mentor to new Breast Program physicians and APPs
- market services of the Center to physicians and patients. Cooperates with the CI leadership and marketing departments to develop a cohesive marketing plan
- assist with and coordinates budget items for the Cancer Institute and medical group
- designs and implements procedures to facilitate communication and coordinated care among surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, plastic surgeons, advanced practice practitioners, nurses, and other personnel
- supports accreditation research requirements for both the NAPBC and the CoC
- leads the NAPBC Accreditation initiatives and supports all other CI accreditation activities, including the CoC
Required Education, Knowledge and Professional Experience
An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices who is able to establish immediate credibility with the department and #8217;s staff, nursing, medical staff and senior hospital leadership, as well as peers .
- a leader who will inspire confidence and establish a sense of common direction and vision for the Breast Center
- change agent with a focus on growth and superior patient compassion
- leads by example, able to articulate a clear vision and expectations for staff
- a collaborative and operational manager and leader who will give medical staff, nursing, and department employees a voice and encourage full participation of all team members
- excellent interpersonal skills; a dedicated listener, comfortable in a variety of settings dealing with diverse constituencies; a broad thinker with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
Education | Certification
- M.D. or DO is required.
- Board Certification by American Board of Surgery
- Fellowship Training Breast Surgery strongly preferred
- superior clinical competence as a breast surgeon and 10+ year track record as a practicing physician
- demonstrated performance and accomplishments in departmental leadership roles gained in an acute care hospital setting
- experience in and significant understanding of Breast contemporary clinical process improvement, acute care hospital clinical quality benchmarking, best practices, performance improvement and quality management programs
- experience designing effective clinical practice patterns and clinical protocols to decrease inappropriate utilization and enhance quality outcomes
- ability to implement leading quality measurement, monitoring, and improvement programs and utilization review
- financially astute, with a solid understanding of cost issues and initiatives and acute care hospital operations
- proven leadership ability and ability to serve as role model and advocate for the Breast Center and to effectively and efficiently organize patient care promoting optimal outcomes