AdventHealth Medical Group (AHMG) is looking for a team-oriented fellowship trained hematologist oncologist to join our AHMG Hematology Oncology practice in the beautiful Orlando, Florida.
- Experience and or Training in Palliative Medicine would be a plus but not required.
- This position would focus primarily within the inpatient setting at AdventHealth Orlando, providing a daily consultative service and coverage within our 36 bed hematology/oncology floor.
- There would also be an opportunity to build up an outpatient practice over time.
- The ideal candidate will have experience and interest with an inpatient/outpatient setting seeing a variety of hem malignancies, solid tumor along with palliative medicine.
- Rotation of call would be shared with the other oncology physicians in the practice, including weekends. Inpatient coverage would also comprise of a team of advanced practice providers and support from the other physicians within the practice.
- In Orlando it is a team of 5 experienced physicians, 8 APPs, nurse navigators, social workers, chaplain support, pharmacy, nutrition etc.
- AdventHealth Cancer Institute is a comprehensive program offering medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, pediatric oncology, neuro-oncology, Gyn oncology, bone marrow transplant as well as research.
- It is considered the largest program in the state of Florida with seven dedicated locations.
- It is also one of the nation's top-ranked cancer hospitals - a team of more than 200 world-class oncology specialist who collectively care for approximately 8,000 to 10,000 patients annually.
A Palliative Medicine background would function in accordance with the hematology/oncology inpatient management to better serve our patients in a more robust and comprehensive manner. The physician may help guide inpatient consultation services, when necessary, of the interdisciplinary team of advanced practitioners, chaplain, pharmacist and social workers. Our Palliative Medicine program has an AAHPM fellowship so teaching, mentorship and scholarly work is valued. Working with an expanding and committed hospital, an established and successful oncology group with a strong referral base, a team-centered practice atmosphere, and a competitive benefits, compensation and incentive package are just a few of the many reasons why this is an excellent career opportunity to consider.
Requirements of the position include:
- Board certification in Internal Medicine with subspecialty certification/eligibility in Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Strongly Preferred but not required: experience in Palliative Medicine
This is an employment opportunity that includes the benefits of call coverage and competitive compensation. Other benefits include occurrence-based malpractice coverage, CME days and allowance, 403b retirement plan, health insurance for physician and family, and relocation allowance. This practice is a part of AdventHealth Medical Group (AHMG). ( website ) AHMG is a sister organization of AdventHealth which employs 900+ physicians in 60+ specialties. This aligned model and practice management experience provides the opportunity for the physicians to focus on the clinical aspects of medicine.
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.