The Medical Director is responsible for oversight of the clinical providers in Radiation Oncology, and the interdisciplinary teams in providing care to patients and their families. Responsible for providing overall supervision, direction and guidance to the medical providers in the practice of quality care according to standards and benchmarks set by the organization, licensing boards and funding agencies. Shares in the administrative functions that directly impact medical services and collaborates with the management team in overall planning and budget activities.
- The successful candidate will be an M.D. or D.O. with a current, active, U.S. state medical license and board certified in Radiation Oncology, recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), or American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Recent practice experience in direct patient care (within the past 18 months).
- Must have a minimum of 5 years clinical experience, beyond residency/fellowship
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws, URAC and NCQA standards a plus.
- Must have TN medical license by hire date