AdventHealth Cancer Institute, formerly Florida Hospital Cancer Institute, is looking for a dynamic, charismatic, and experienced oncologist to lead our Breast Medical Oncology Program .
- The Breast Oncology Medical Director is responsible for the development and deployment of tumor specific pathways and standards of care as well as the clinical/translational research agenda.
- This position will also provide leadership to achieve clinical quality improvement outcomes, as well as to achieve efficiency of care improvement outcomes.
- AdventHealth Cancer Institute in the Central Florida area sees over 1000 newly diagnosed breast cancer cases each year.
The Medical Director will collaborate with academia, industry and physicians to advance innovation through clinical trials and will provide leadership to advance patient experience outcomes. The position is based in Orlando, Florida and is part of our Cancer Institute, with locations across a regional network of 8 hospitals.
A majority of this position is administrative time, with a portion of clinical work as well. This practice is a part of AdventHealth Medical Group, formerly Florida Hospital Medical Group. ( website ). AHMG is a sister organization of AdventHealth which employs 700+ physicians in 60+ specialties. This aligned model and practice management experience provides the opportunity for the physicians to focus on the clinical aspects of medicine. This employment opportunity includes the benefits of call coverage and competitive compensation with incentives. Other benefits include occurrence-based malpractice coverage, paid leave days, CME days and allowance, 403b retirement plan, health insurance for physician and family, and relocation allowance.
AdventHealth Cancer Institute Vision: National recognition as a Cancer Institute that provides patients access to value-based, personalized care through high specialized, comprehensive, and innovative destination programs. AHCI is a comprehensive program offering medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, pediatric oncology, neuro-oncology, Gyn oncology, bone marrow transplant as well as research. For more information visit ( website ).
Several of the qualifications and requirements include:
- Charismatic individual with ability to lead and mentor teams and foster collaboration
- Demonstrated experience of programmatic building in the breast tumor site model
- Ten years of subspecialty experience with five years of leadership experience preferred
- Track record of successful clinical research
- National connections in the oncology field
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work with an open medical staff (blend of employed and private physicians) to achieve AHCI vision and priorities
- Board Certification in Hematology and/or Oncology